Cross Boarder Transport Controller
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure systems are managed with relevant controls in place.
Understand and maintain the requirements and working procedures of all clients.
- Ensure written instruction or DRO is obtained prior to conducting any deliveries.
- Prepare monthly fuel surcharge and submit for approval.
- Submit monthly and yearly variance reports on volumes, revenue, cost and profits.
- Ensure budgets are managed on a daily basis and report any discrepancies.
- Prepare and submit monthly stats for support services pack.
- Ability to ensure staffs are operating in a safe manner.
- Able to plan and organize crossborder vehicle requirements
- Assist with EC, ISO, and SHERQ audits and requirements
- To ensure correct purchasing and maximum discount benefits and service from - Suppliers of materials and services to the Company.
- To obtain and submit PODs for invoicing purposes timeously.
- Meet with service providers regularly with your superior.
- Monitor daily volumes in line with forecast.
- Understand cargo loading and dispatch procedures.
- Ensure fluctuations in volumes/revenue is escalated to management for actioning.
- Prepare and submit weekly revenue revenue schedules for invoicing purposes.
- To ensure the correct customer rate, volume and kilometres are applied prior to submitting invoices to the client.
- Ensure approved sub-contractors are utilised and all documentations are valid in line with RDS requirements.
- Complete and forward all load confirmation to the service provider prior to the cargo being uplifted
- Flexibility to work operational hours.
Supervise and co-ordinate the daily planning of cargo movement in order to - - ensure that revenue levels and customer service are maximized and that operating costs are minimized through effective resource planning and utilization, thereby ensuring an efficient logistical service.
- Responsible for the management of Dovetail, including capturing of waybills, calculation and inputting rates, preparation for invoicing.
- Responsible for POD control to ensure that all pod’s for deliveries are received, scrutinized, PODed onto Dovetail and uploaded onto Edoc’s.
- Responsible for issuing of company orders for sub contract spend, casual labour, fuel, tolls and capture the cost onto the Dovetail, Fuel Manager and TNA systems
-Matric Senior certificate or equivalent
* Computer Literate -MS Office, Windows XP, Powertrack
* 3 - 5 years experience in related field.
* Sound working knowledge on hazardous and non-hazardous products
* Extensive Cross Border Experience into Various African Countries
* Relevant Diploma or Degree