Chief Operations Officer
Warning: Declaration of Wpjb_Form_Apply::save() should be compatible with Daq_Form_ObjectAbstract::save($append = Array) in /home/emscivileng/public_html/emsholdings.co.za/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/application/libraries/Form/Apply.php on line 9
- Conceptualising, planning and optimisation of resources and infrastructure for water and related services.
- Ensuring that the preventative and planned maintenance on all infrastructure is done on as per maintenance planning.
- Strategic planning for the core and support services within the sections to ensure the organisational objectives are met.
- Managing and maintaining relationships with key customers and clients to ensure that service delivery is as per agreements;
- Budget planning and expenditure control on Capital and Operational projects;
- Performance management of section heads and the department as a whole;
- Infrastructure assessment and contingency planning.
Bachelor’s degree or Bachelor of Technology Degree in Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical)
A postgraduate management qualification will be advantageous.
Registration with ECSA as Professional Engineer or Professional Technologist.
Minimum of ten years’ experience preferably in an engineering or project or planning environment of which at least six years must have been at a senior management level.
Knowledge of potable and wastewater treatment will be advantageous.
Strong leadership, planning and organisational skills, and able to handle multiple disciplines.
A strong background in asset and infrastructure management.
Sound knowledge of the planning and implementation of Engineering Projects, Budgets, Financial management and tariff structures.
Good understanding of the Water Industry and legislation applicable to Public Institutions.
Computer literacy in MS Office, MS Projects, GIS and CAD.
Management, negotiation and conflict resolution Skills.
Code B Driver’s licence.