Senior Manager :Water Use Efficiency
Key Performance Areas
_ Management of personnel,programme and budget in WUE unit.
- Management of NRW through Leak Management,detection and repair,asset management,metering for leakage detection;Pressure Management,Zone management,Zero pressure testing
- Formulation,implementation and review of policies,water supply bylaws,strategies,protocols,norms and standard regarding NRW Municipality
-Monitoring KPIs for NRW unit
- Designing and overseeing the design of NRW projects
- Administering and managing contracts for execution of projects
- Reporting on NRW projects
- Researching problems and investigating new methodologies and technologies in NRW in order to develop appropriate solutions to challenges faced by District.
-Integrating key areas of work with relavent Councils priority programme,such as EPWP,LED,War on leaks
- Carrying out capacity buildings in WD,WDM in the Municipality,
- Stakeholder engagement with public and private organisation as well as communities on WC and WDM
- Representing Council in various fora when requested to do
- Communicating with Local Municipalities,Councilors,Traditional Authorities,Businesses,NGOs,CBOs on WC/WDM
-Developing /Reviewing stakeholder communication strategies on WC/WDM
- Educating communities in the district on water conversation method.
- B Engineering or BSc,B-Tech on Civil Engineering or Equivalent NQF Level 7 Qualifications to recognised University or Technikon,Applicants with foreign Qualification must submit an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
Registration as a professional Engineer / Technologist/ECSA or an equivalent recognised organisation is a prerequisite
- A valid code EB driver's licence and ability to drive 4x4 is required
- 5 Years relevant experience in Civil Engineering environment in a water sector
- Minimum of 5 years relevant managerial experience
- Not less than 5 years proven practical experience in water conversation and water demand management (WC/WDM),specializing in non-revenue water (NRW) is a must